Welcome to the Eaton Square quarterly M&A round-up for the Australian Information Technology industry. Every quarter, Neil Bourne, our lead Principal in Tech, publishes a compilation of the transactions in the IT Services and Software sectors. Get a copy of the full report below.
Q4 Deal volume declined
2021 overall was an exceptionally active year for M&A. Q4 saw a drop in the volume of deals declined relative to Q3. Activity levels within the software sector remained strong including the eye-catching sale of New Zealand’s Weta Digital to Unity (NYS: U) for $2.26Bn. The report covers transactions from 1 Oct – 31 Dec 2021 in Australia and New Zealand in the following segments:
- IT Services & Digital Marketing
- Telecommunications & IT Distributions
Early indications suggest that 2022 will also be a very active year for M&A in the technology sector.
Featured Deals: IT Services
- CT4 acquisition of NewBase Computer Services: Acquisition of QLD managed services business by larger privately owned Melbourne-based group
- Deloitte Digital acquisition of Sliced Tech: Sale of Canberra based Managed IT services provider by Deloitte’s consulting arm
- IBM acquisition of SXiQ: Sale of IT services and managed services, to SME, enterprise, and governments by global IT services group.
- COSOL aquisition of Clarita Solutions: Brisbane-based IT Services focusing on Enterprise Asset Management acquired ASX listed IT services group.
Featured Deals: Software
- Volaris Group acquisition of Decideware: Sale of Sydney-based developer of agency management platform to assist in marketing & procurement to a division of Toronto-listed Software consolidator
- Instacart acquisition of FoodStorm: Sale of Melbourne-based developer of a cloud-based platform intended to automate and manage catering orders to US venture-backed $39B unicorn in the on-demand grocery delivery space.
- Unity acquisition of Weta Digital: Sale of NZ-based provider of visual effects to the entertainment sector to a US $34B listed provider of software platforms for 3D content creation.
- Ideagen acquisition of CompliSpace: Sale of Sydney-based developer of governance, risk, and compliance software to UK listed compliance software specialist.
For a full M&A listing, download your complimentary copy here.
Meet the Professional Services and IT Services Team
If you have questions about your IT Services or software business, please contact our team for a non-obligatory call.