Karla is a Principal in Seattle and brings over 25 years experience helping companies in diverse industries to solve their strategic financial and growth issues. Karla’s experience includes CFO roles at companies in transition, such as PopCap Games, Click Wine Group, and Armco. She led the teams as a Senior Manager/Partner of the advisory practices at Arthur Andersen and Tatum with clients such as Real Networks, VoiceStream, (now T-Mobile), Monet Mobile, Getty Images, WRQ/Attachmate, and large family offices.
Karla helps her clients at a strategic financial level, assisting them in securing financing, positioning them for future transactions, and helping them to expand internationally. She has worked with companies in the high technology, telecom, mobile, games, social, consumer packaged goods, real estate, hospitality, professional services and entertainment industries.
Karla’s experience includes:
- CFO, PlayFab, Inc., The Backend as a Service, BAAS serving the Game industry. Supported CEO in Board and Pitch Decks, build the foundation of a fast growing company.Raised $15.9 Million to date from Tier 1 Venture Capital, Strategic investors and Super Angels.
- Support current CFO of large commercial real estate, family office with transaction readiness and $240 Million financing package.
- CFO, PopCap Games, Inc., the leader in the casual game market with worldwide operations and a distribution network comprised of multiple platforms sold to EA for deal value of $1.3 billion. Karla led the company in the IPO/Acquisition strategy. Karla negotiated and supported the company with governments in the European Union, Canada, China and Korea for R&D subsidies.
- Provided financial leadership of M&A due diligence and establishment of accounting and financial infrastructure to Name Administration, Inc., a large domain name Portfolio Company providing Internet consumer advertising and direct navigation services
- Advised WRQ/Attachmate in the acquisition and integration of the two companies.
- CFO advisory services practice leader, Arthur Andersen were she led a team of professionals supporting acquisition readiness such as VoiceStream, (now T-Mobile), and other clients such as Monet Mobile, PBA, Real Networks, Getty Images, to name a few. Also, created the strategy workshop, clients included Harborview Medical, and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
Karla also holds several Board membership and affiliations
- Member Women Corporate Directors (WCD), Seattle chapter;
- Prior Board member of Association for Corporate Growth, (ACG);
- Member of the Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants, (WSCPA);
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, (AICPA);
- Financial Executives Institute;
- Guest Lecturer, University of Washington, Entrepreneurial studies
Securities offered through Burch & Company, Inc., 4151 N. Mulberry Drive, Suite 235, Kansas City, MO 64116 Member FINRA/SiPC Burch and Eaton Square Inc. are unaffiliated.