Alok is a Principal with Eaton Square, a cross-border M&A and capital raising firm based out from Doha, Qatar. He is also a Managing Director & CEO of IKIGAI Consultants, a boutique consultancy firm, based out from the Qatar Financial Center. With over thirteen years of senior leadership experience and over sixteen years of MENA experience in financial services and private wealth management, he has held roles as the Group CFO for over ten years at a single-family office of a Qatar royal family member and a prominent businessperson, where he was accountable for managing a global balance sheet of significant size and complexity.
At the family office, he was responsible for the Group FP&A, Treasury, Tax, Wealth Management, Asset Management and Operations(Accounting, Investments, KYC/Onboarding, IT and HR), as the CFO at DIB Capital – MENA’s first faith-based investment bank from the DIFC UAE and as an Assistant VP Finance at ABN AMRO Bank, UAE and the DIFC. Alok has also worked at CitiFinancial, a Citigroup entity in New Delhi, India for 3+ years. His initial career was with Price Waterhouse (PwC member firm), at the New Delhi office where he spent his initial seven plus years in their assurance and business advisory vertical.
He transformed businesses, functions and processes and brought in efficiencies, tax optimization, cost management while institutionalizing a culture of performance and governance across various entities under the holding company. Alok has sourced,negotiated, and structured bilateral, club and syndicated funding arrangements with various lenders in Qatar/London/ Europe/US and elsewhere for acquisitions and general corporate uses, while at the family office.
Other career highlights:
- advised the accounting treatment of Emirates REIT – MENA’s first faith-based REIT, to Dubai Islamic Bank;
- made accounting manuals as per IFRS and AAOIFI standards for DIB Capital Ltd;
- created credit card operations accounting manual at ABN AMRO Bank;
- unveiled the discretionary product program for key private clients at ABN AMRO Bank UAE Branch;
- built and developed product control function at ABN AMRO Bank, UAE Branch and was part of core team responsible for obtaining the DIFC license for ABN AMRO Bank in the UAE;
- authored securitization product program and developed the accounting templates for the Consumer Finance entity of Citigroup in India for the same;
- was part of the core team at CitiFinancial preparing the DRHP for its debut bond listing at the NSE, India in 2004 and supported the investor relations and the quarterly audits and;
- led the firm wide and function wide mapping of ICOFR processes, documenting the testing of the financial effectiveness as part of SOX 404 implementation at CitiFinancial.
Professionally, Alok holds a bachelor’s in commerce (Honours) degree from the University of Delhi, a FCA from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and is also a member of Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments, U.K.