The firm is regarded as Australia’s finest Government legal search business and is well established in Canberra.
The firm has three service lines:
- Executive Search for legal positions in Federal Government clients;
- Executive Search for legal positions for Private Sector Clients;
- Legal Secondees for Federal Government – this service involves a search process then the candidate is then directly employed by Lex and supplied as contracted labour hire to Federal Government.
Their key Government clients include almost all of the Commonwealth in-house legal practices, both in Canberra and nationally. Private Sector clients include almost all of the top tier and national firms who provide legal services to Government, and larger local firms providing legal services in the ACT.
- Key Government clients include: Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions; Attorney General’s Department; Australian Federal Police; Department of Foreign Affairs and Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet etc.
- Private Sector clients include major law firms
- This is an uncommon opportunity to take significant market share in Australia’s most counter-cyclical legal placement market through a brand that is deeply connected and respected
- Globally, public services have turned to labour hire to deal with surge capacity. The company also has more than 60 employees working as seconded contractors at hourly rates
- Founder share of new revenue generation reduced from 53% to 6% since 2014
- Stable EBITDA maintained during periods of revenue flex
- Proprietary software and systems in place
- Government panel agreements in place
*Forecasting higher EBIT on lower revenue in FY19 because service mix has increased search over secondment.
Sale / Investment Method
Sale of shares in the business. Details available under NDA.